(Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography. Special Study of the ducts of the gallbladder/pancreas.)
- STOP IRON, ASPIRIN, BLOOD THINNERS, ARTHRITIS MEDICINES OR ANY OTHER ANTI-INFLAMMATORY MEDICINE ONE WEEK PRIOR TO YOUR EXAM.
- DO NOT eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your exam. (You may eat and drink UP TO, but NOT AFTER midnight.)
- If you are on high blood pressure medicine or steroids (prednisone, for example), you may take the medicine with just enough water to swallow.
- Do not wear contact lenses to the procedure. You may bring a case with your lenses. Failure to remove contacts during a procedure could result in corneal abrasion.
- Occasionally overnight observations may be necessary. Please bring any personal articles you may need.
- If you are unclear about these prep instructions and it is after office hours the night before your exam, call the office and our answering service will contact the doctor on call.
For your safety: It is mandatory that a responsible adult stay with you during your stay with us. You will not be able to drive yourself home. Due to the risk to your personal safety you will not be allowed to take public transportation or a taxi home.